This Whole30 egg roll in a bowl is a wonderfully flavorful, quick Whole30 dinner, packed with protein and protein and is budget-friendly. This Whole30 dinner comes together easily for a quick paleo dinner. Uh, yum.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Author Cheryl Malik, source 40aprons.com
2 tablespoons sesame oil
6 green onions , sliced, green and white parts divided
1/2 cup red onion , diced
5 cloves garlic , minced
1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon fresh , grated ginger
2-3 tablespoons compliant hot sauce , or chili-garlic sauce or Sriracha if not on Whole30
14 ounce bag coleslaw mix
3 tablespoons coconut aminos or soy sauce / tamari if not Whole30 or paleo
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
salt , to taste
black sesame seeds , for garnish
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1. Pour sesame oil into large skillet and place over medium heat.
2. Add white parts of green onions, diced red onion, and garlic and saute, stirring frequently, until red onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add ground pork, grated ginger, and 1 tablespoon hot sauce or chili-garlic sauce and cook until pork is browned, broken up, and cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
4. Add coleslaw mix, coconut aminos or soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, white pepper, and salt, to taste, and stir until well combined. Cook, stirring regularly, until cabbage is tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup mayonnaise and 1-2 tablespoons compliant hot sauce. Add a pinch of salt, to taste. To drizzle, place creamy chili sauce in a small plastic sandwich bag.
6. To plate: spoon a hearty helping of the pork-cabbage mixture in a serving bowl. Snip off the corner of the sandwich bag with the creamy chili sauce and drizzle over pork-cabbage mixture. Garnish with green parts of the green onions and black sesame seeds.
~ FLX Coach Team