Source: Minimalist Baker
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A simple yet flavorful and satisfying salad with organic greens, roasted sweet potato, creamy avocado, and a lemon-maple tahini dressing. 30 minutes, naturally sweetened, so delicious!
1 large or 2 small organic sweet potatoes (~200 g), skin on, halved then sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
1 Tbsp (15 ml) avocado or coconut oil (or water)
Pinch sea salt
¼ cup (60 g) tahini (sesame seed paste)
2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup (omit if you prefer a less sweet dressing)
Pinch sea salt
Water to thin (4-6 Tbsp or 60-80 ml)
5 cups (~150-200 g) greens of choice (I mixed organic mizuna + spinach)
1 ripe avocado, cubed
optional: 2 Tbsp (20 g) hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add sweet potatoes, toss in a bit of oil (or water) and salt, and spread into an even layer.
3. Bake 15 minutes. Then flip/toss to ensure even baking. Bake 5-10 minutes more or until tender and golden brown.
4. In the meantime, prepare dressing by adding tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and salt to a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. Then add water a little at a time until a semi-thick, pourable dressing is achieved.
5. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lemon for acidity, salt for saltiness, or maple syrup for sweetness. Set aside.
6. Assemble salad by adding greens to a serving bowl and topping with roasted sweet potato and avocado. Sprinkle on hemp seeds (optional), and serve with dressing.
7. Leftovers keep (stored separately) in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Dressing will stay for 5-7 days
~ FLX Coach Team